HR Compliance 2012 - Conducting Reference Checks, Background Checks, and Alcohol and Drug Testing
VenuePalo Alto, USA - United States
KeywordsCandidate Reference Checks; Candidate Background Checks; Alcohol Testing on hires; Drug Testing on Candidates; Mandatory background checks
Topics/Call fo Papers
Why Should You Attend:
Hiring the right people is one of the most important decisions made in organizations today. When you are responsible for assuring the best hires, it is essential for you to perform due diligence after the interview process and the favorite candidates are selected.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Selecting references and obtaining permission to conduct reference checks.
- What should be included on your employment application?
- Verbal and written references: asking the right questions.
- How to gain additional information if the company refuses to give information requested?
- Proving dates of hire and salary when a company is no longer in business.
- Selecting appropriate types of background screening.
- Mandatory background checks.
- What background checks are illegal and ill-advised: the - controversies over credit and criminal checks?
- Verifying education and college transcripts.
- Complying with legal requirements of references and background checks.
- Drug and Alcohol policies and drug and alcohol tests.
Last modified: 2011-11-16 17:54:56