HR Compliance 2012 - 3-hr Virtual Seminar: The Psychology (and Law) of Harassment Investigations
VenuePalo Alto, USA - United States
KeywordsHR compliance training, employment law compliance, workplace harassment investigation, workplace investigations, labor law compliance training, employee harassment
Topics/Call fo Papers
Why Should You Attend:
When you receive an allegation of workplace harassment, discrimination, or other misconduct, taking prompt and appropriate action is your legal responsibility. However, understanding your legal responsibilities is only half the battle; most of the mistakes in complaint investigations involve the way the parties are treated, what they think is fair, and how the process is communicated and/or implemented.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Understanding what laws influence (for better or worse) your investigation.
- Deciding whether or not to investigate.
- What your managers should know about taking the initial complaint.
- Choosing the right investigator.
- Using the perspectives of the accused and the complainant to your advantage.
- Creating a successful road map before you start the investigation.
- Developing effective interviewing with the complainant, accused and witnesses.
- Using psychology to get to the truth, evaluate credibility, and -create perceptions of fairness.
- Using lawsuit-proof documentation.
- Handling the impact on the rest of the department, including rumors, questions, and the aftermath.
- Making the right decision, determining corrective actions and writing a court-ready report.
- Communicating investigation results with sensitivity and fairness.
Last modified: 2011-11-16 17:28:52