HR Compliance 2012 - Boot Camp: Untangling the FMLA, ADAAA, GINA, and Workers Compensation Laws
VenuePalo Alto, USA - United States
KeywordsHR compliance training; employment law compliance; workplace harassment investigation; workplace investigations; labor law compliance training; employee harassment
Topics/Call fo Papers
Why Should You Attend:
One of the most difficult task facing human resource professionals today is how to deal with the employee who suffers from an on the job injury and his/her leave requirements trigger rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act and the newly amended Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- The basic of workers' compensation and why it may trigger rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- When is a workers' compensation injury a “serious health condition” under the Family and Medical Leave Act?
- When is a workers' compensation injury a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act?
- When the ADAAA may require you to offer light duty as an accommodation?
- When the ADAAA may require you to extend leave requirements beyond state workers' compensation laws or beyond FMLA?
- How to get the medical information you need without violating GINA, FMLA, and the ADAAA?
- How what you say in documentation can hurt you in court ? are you using the word “disability” interchangeably? Why it has different meanings depending on the law?
- When is an employee entitled to a notice under COBRA?
Last modified: 2011-11-16 17:38:56