2018 - Travel & Entertainment and Expense Reimbursement Fraud: Detection, Prevention and Deterrence
VenueTraining Doyens 26468 E Walker Dr,Aurora, Colorado 80016-6104, USA - United States
KeywordsCredit Monitoring Services; Expense Reimbursement fraud; Types of Reimbursement Fraud
Topics/Call fo Papers
Expense reimbursement fraud—encompassing the myriad forms of employee travel and entertainment (T&E) schemes as well as Purchasing Card (P-Card) fraud—costs organizations hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars per year
According to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), expense reimbursement frauds result in a median loss of $26,000 per incident and represent 14.5% of all employee fraud.
While many of these schemes are considered “immaterial”—such as claiming reimbursement for a personal meal ... charging a pay-per-view movie to a business-related hotel bill ... or inflating the cost of a taxi ride—management should not underestimate the cumulative cost of these thefts.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
In one case alone, a senior executive of a major multinational company stole $500,000 by abusing his expense account privileges. While this may not be typical of expense reimbursement fraud, it does illustrate how employees who have the opportunity to exploit weaknesses in your organization’s expense reimbursement processes and procedures can do so.
Moreover, anti-fraud experts agree that expense reimbursement fraud can be among the most difficult types of employee crime to detect and prevent. That is in large part due to the extraordinary variety of ways in which such crimes can be committed.
By attending this Webinar, you will learn how vulnerable your organization is to expense reimbursement fraud. You’ll learn about the common and not-so-common ways that these frauds are perpetrated and—most importantly—you’ll learn how to detect the red flags of these schemes, how to audit for them and how to tighten up your controls against them.
• Statistical overview of the fraud problem generally, and T&E fraud specifically
• Who commits fraud
• Why employees commit fraud (The Fraud Triangle)
• Lessons from T&E fraudsters
• How T&E Frauds Are Most Often Detected
• Additional General Detection Methods
• Data Mining/Analytics for fraud detection
• Examples of Fraud Audit Techniques at Work
ANTI-FRAUD CONTROLS FOR EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT FRAUD:
• Internal Controls and Other T&E Fraud Prevention Measures:
• Who Should Manage Anti Fraud Activities
• Internal Controls: Do’s and Don’ts
• General controls: Segregation of Duties, Delegation of Authority, Background Investigation
• Specific Expense reimbursement controls and deterrents.
This webinar will summarize the main types of reimbursement fraud to be alert of, including several “real life” case studies. It will then explain how to identify the red flags of possible reimbursement fraud, offer specific fraud-audit techniques and test for these crimes and conclude with a rundown of proven anti-fraud controls.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
• Internal and external audit professionals
• Accounting and audit practitioners
• HR managers
• Senior financial management seeking to reduce their vulnerability to costly frauds
• Payables specialists
• Procurement managers
• Compliance and ethics managers
• CFO’s/senior financial managers
• Security personnel
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494
Last modified: 2018-04-16 20:36:59