2018 - Transgender in the Workplace
VenueTraining Doyens 26468 E Walker Dr,Aurora, Colorado 80016-6104, USA - United States
KeywordsLGBT Discrimination Training; LGBT workplace discrimination
Topics/Call fo Papers
Some transgender people who wish to disclose this truth about themselves to others have reached a breaking point in their lives where it's too difficult to hide who they are any longer. Transgender people often feel compelled to share who they are in order to build stronger and more authentic relationships with those closest to them. This is particularly true in the workplace, where we consistently spend a majority of our waking lives with other people.
A business that includes "gender identity" in its non-discrimination policy should be prepared to manage a gender transition. Learn the best practice guidelines for gender transitions that clearly delineate responsibilities and expectations of transitioning employees, their supervisors, colleagues and other staff.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Although the transgender population is small, employers must still be prepared to handle workplace issues related to transgender employees. How an employer handles an employee's transition has potential legal implications, as well as an impact on the transitioning employee and his or her co-workers. Employers that are unprepared to handle a gender transition are likely to face not only employee relations issues but also discrimination claims.
This webinar examines how employers can best manage the workplace issues surrounding an employee's gender transition.
• What is Transgender
• The business case for inclusion
• Reviewing and updating existing policies/practices for gender neutrality
• Benefits Issues
• Disclosure before, during or after an interview
• HR’s role in navigating the transition process
• Review of federal anti-discrimination protections
• Review of state and local laws and how they apply
• Understanding what Transgender is and how it differs from LGBQ.
• Understanding your role
• Identify what policy/practices should be reviewed to reduce risk.
• How to create a Gender Transition Plan and what it should cover.
• How to address benefits issues.
• Best practices for managing questions and reactions from co-workers.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
• HR Managers
• HR Directors
• HR Professionals
• In-House Counsel
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494
Last modified: 2018-04-16 19:20:02