2018 - HIPAA Designed for the Front Office Staff
VenueTraining Doyens 26468 E Walker Dr,Aurora, Colorado 80016-6104, USA - United States
KeywordsHipaa Guidelines; Hipaa Privacy Rules; HIPAA Compliance Audit
Topics/Call fo Papers
We will find solutions to improve protection of our patient's confidential information.
• What does Routine vs. Non-Routine Disclosure mean?
• Should you incorporate "E-mail" Signatures?
• How to avoid Patient HIPAA Complaints.
• Are all of your front office team on the same page?
• How do you Protect Patient Information on your computer?
We will explain easy methods that are cost effective. HIPAA can often deplete resources in your practice. There are things that you can implement that will not cost you extra overhead expenditures.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
With everything that we face in the healthcare arena today, we sometimes neglect HIPAA and forget to take proper steps to insure that patient information is kept confidential. Any one that has access to patient information can be held accountable for some erroneous disclosures. Think about all the team members in your practice/facility that are liable and responsible for protecting key areas of patient data. It is worth the investment to make sure that we are doing our due diligence to protect sensitive information. If you are responsible for any information, this must have session is for you.
HANDLE SPECIAL HIPAA SITUATIONS:
• Is it a HIPAA violation to call a patient by their name?
• In today's environment, how do you handle social media in your practice?
• What about deceased patients?
• Do you have a check-list for HIPAA?
• Front desk violations can be avoided.
• User-friendly techniques to be discussed.
• What are the risks do you face when receiving e-mails and texts on your cell phones?
• Are your patients recording your evaluations of their care?
• Can you stop your employees from making inappropriate work-related posts on social media?
It’s truly a crazy world that we live in. How do we handle these types of situations?
We will cover vital topics such as: Omnibus Rules, HITECH Rules, Changes adapting to HIPAA.
Our goal will be to make this extremely complex enigma known as “HIPAA” very easy to understand with a painless step by step approach to an otherwise very complex topic. Times have changed and new laws are now in place concerning protected health information. The best way to protect your practice or business and save you from future headaches and possible litigation or Federal fines, is to be Proactive instead of Reactive. We need to start at the front desk area. What would be needed to survive in a HIPAA audit of some sort?
In this 60-minute Session, guidance and suggestions will be given on how to safeguard patient information that is frequently exchanged and discussed upon patient check-in. Your front area of a practice or facility can be vulnerable to careless mistakes that can happen daily. Learn some techniques to protect the practice from an uninvited HIPAA audit. Tips for improving privacy concerns and innocent violations will be discussed.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
• Front Desk Team Members.
• Medical Record Personnel
• Clerical workers and anyone who shares the Responsibility of the Front Desk Operations.
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494
Last modified: 2018-04-11 14:08:19