2020 - GMPs Applied to Medical Cannabis: All You Need to Know
VenueTraining Doyens 26468 E Walker Dr, Aurora, Colorado 80016, USA - United States
KeywordsGmp compliance; Gmp medical cannabis; Fda gmp guidelines
Topics/Call fo Papers
When we discuss growing, producing, and manufacturing medical cannabis, we must think of it as a medicine. Medicine by definition, it is a substance intended to assist you with a medical condition, to help you feel better and not harm you. Drugs produced in the pharmaceutical industry go through extensive quality controls to ensure a level of safety for the consumer or patient. Yet when we talk process and quality controls in medical cannabis production, there is still a lot to learn.
With all new events the FDA has stated that it “recognizes the significant public interest in cannabis and cannabis-derived compounds, particularly CBD.” However, there are many unanswered questions about the science, safety, and quality of products containing CBD.
The agency is working on answering these questions through ongoing efforts including feedback from a recent FDA hearing and information and data gathering through a public docket. In order to start understanding what it means for GMP regulated industries, we will discuss what we need to know, for now.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Attend the webinar to learn what the regulations say about medical cannabis, including GMP guidelines for pharmaceuticals, cannabis quality control regulations and more.
• Current events associated to cannabis
• FDA, CANADA, and Europe regulations and standards
• What does it mean for drug manufacturing sites?
• Application from Pharma to Cannabis
• Our role from GMP standpoint
• Industry crossover
• Recent federal government position on ending Cannabis prohibition nationwide
• FDA position on CBD and other cannabis derived products
• Background from a regulatory standpoint
• GMP guidelines for pharmaceuticals
• Approvals by states and what have we learned
• Challenges with the regulation of plant-based product
• Dosage challenges
• HR policies and the new cannabis era (labor laws challenges)
• Common quality failures and threats, and cannabis quality control regulations
• Prepare for what’s next in GMP compliance
WHO WILL BENEFIT
• Training managers and coordinators
• Plant engineering
• QA/QC staff
• Process excellence/improvement professionals
• Industrial/process engineers
• Compliance officers
• Regulatory/legislative affairs professionals
• General/corporate counsel
Ginette Collazo, Ph. D. is an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist with 20 years of experience that specializes in Engineering Psychology and Human Reliability, disciplines that study the interaction between human behavior and productivity. She has held positions leading training and human reliability programs in the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
Use Promo Code TDES20 and get flat 20% discount on all purchases.
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494
Last modified: 2020-03-27 20:37:43