2020 - 2020 Updates on Form I9 & W4 – Streamlining the Procedures for Worker Verification, Authorization and Withholding Calculation
VenueTraining Doyens 26468 E Walker Dr, Aurora, Colorado 80016, USA - United States
KeywordsI9 verification; 2020 W 4 changes; IRS tax withholding estimator
Topics/Call fo Papers
Federal law requires that every employer who recruits, refers for a fee, or hires an individual for employment in the U.S. must complete the I-9 form, Employment Eligibility Verification form. The Form I-9 process, managed by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, will help you verify your employee's identity and employment authorization. Also in 2020, the IRS has issued the new W4, which change the ways workers will be calculating their withholding for federal income tax purposes.
The I9 and W4 forms are payroll forms that employers MUST RECEIVE during the hiring process. Employers take a high risk not obtaining them prior to employment. The IRS and the USCIS both have specific rules on how to obtain, verify and process these forms. In some cases, penalties for I9 non-compliance can result in jail time, as well as Homeland Security, the FBI, an USCIS immigration audits. If you don’t use the new W 4 form, 2020, it could result in your company being reviewed for under or over withholding federal income tax.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
By attending the webinar you’ll understand all rules that apply to these forms. Join Mark Schwartz, a payroll tax expert, in his fast paced and complete webinar designed to get you ready NOW. In addition to a Q&A session at the end, Mark will give you his contact information for any future questions you may have. Presentation slides will also be distributed as a takeaway.
• Know who has to give you the new W 4 form, 2020, vs the old one
• Eventually get a new W4 from all workers
• Input the new information into your payroll system
• Describe the new requirements of the new I-9 form, 2020, vs the old one
• Explain why the new requirements are important to both workers and employers
• Verify the information with the appropriate agencies
• Respond to I9 form related inquiries and notices from the IRS and USCIS
• Make decisions about workers who don’t submit the I9 or W4
• How to handle confidential information
• We will take the I9 and W4 line by line, to make clear what information is necessary for your company to collect
• We will discuss what to do with both forms when you receive them
• For the I9 verification, we will discuss what to do if the information DOES NOT MATCH the information the IRS has on your worker
• For the W4, we will discuss how the employees will be calculating the withholdings, and what it means for your payroll department
• We will discuss all issues with both forms, what problems to anticipate and how to deal with them
WHO WILL BENEFIT
• Human Resources Professionals
• Payroll Managers and Staff
• Dept or Functional Managers
• Hiring and other HR personnel
Mark Schwartz is an employment tax specialist and has over 15 years of employment tax experience as an independent consultant and as a payroll tax auditor with the State of California. He has managed an audit caseload of 20 ongoing audits, from small home-based businesses to large multi-national corporations. He is expert at defining regulatory and statutory requirements from local, State and Federal government agencies; and helping the average business person understand what that mean to their business. He has processed weekly and bi-weekly payroll checks plus tax forms for businesses with hourly as well as exempt workers, multistate operations and a wide variety of benefits.
Use Promo Code TDES20 and get flat 20% discount on all purchases.
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494
Last modified: 2020-03-27 13:09:11