2020 - TIN Matching System: Reducing B-Notices and Eliminating Proposed Penalties
VenueTraining Doyens 26468 E Walker Dr, Aurora, Colorado 80016, USA - United States
KeywordsIrs tin matching system; 1099 reporting requirements; Tin verification
Topics/Call fo Papers
For many years, the IRS has placed the burden on businesses, non-profits and not-for-profits as well as all levels of government to report information about taxable payments they make to their vendors and customers.
In order to more accurately match our information reporting to taxpayer’s tax returns they have introduced an “e-services” portal to help us ensure the names and tax identification numbers provided to us by our payees match their records. When used properly, this system can reduce the risk of warning letters (CP-2100s/B-Notices) and penalty notices (972-CGs) from the IRS.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
• How do you know your vendor’s W-9’s are correct?
• What are the consequences of filing incorrect name and ID numbers on their 1099’s?
You can begin to develop a solid plan to move your company toward near absolute regulatory compliance, efficiency improvements, standardized processes, & adequate documentation to ensure your 1099’s contain accurate information that will agree with the IRS’s records. You will all but eliminate your B-Notices from the IRS!
Do you know the answers to these questions?
• Starter Question: What is TIN Matching?
• What are the benefits of the IRS TIN Matching System?
• Who must request access to the TIN Match system?
• How do we register to use the system, including the 2-step verification system introduced 12/10/17?
• How does the TIN Matching system work?
• What are the best practices for managing 1099 reporting requirements?
• How do I deal with vendors who report incorrect information on their W-4’s?
• B-Notices: when I receive a letter from the IRS stating I have incorrect names/TINS on my 1099’s, what must I do and what about the deadlines?
• What if I receive a Notice of Proposed Penalty?
• How do we negotiate a reduction or eliminate the penalty?
• How do we leverage the Reasonable Cause Regulations?
• How does TIN Matching impact the fight to reduce proposed penalties?
Learn the best practices for eliminating 1099 error notices from the IRS. Discover the power of the IRS TIN Matching system. Discover the smoothest way to register to use the two step verification process introduced 12/10/17. Learn how to handle the CP-2100 notices from Uncle Sam and avoid the fines & penalties for failure to timely comply with the B-Notice requirements.
Understand the difference between and 1st and 2nd B-Notices and the related differences in required vendor responses. Be sure you institute and stop Backup Withholding when required. You will gain the tools to make you the most effective information return manager your company has ever seen.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
• Compliance Managers
• Accounting Managers
• Accounts Payable Managers
• Any institution that makes reports on forms 1099-INT, 1099-B, 199-DIV, 1099-PATR, & 1099-MISC
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA (Chartered Global Management Accountant) and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company. Miles is a professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 2,000 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, like financial analysis and modeling, accounting, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Use Promo Code PRDS20 and get flat 20% discount on all purchases.
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494
Last modified: 2020-02-17 19:17:20