2018 - Wage and Hour Topics : Making Sense of Requirements Affecting Exempt and Non-Exempt Employees
VenueTraining Doyens 26468 E Walker Dr,Aurora, Colorado 80016-6104, USA - United States
KeywordsExempt and Nonexempt employee; Online hr compensation; Wage and Hour laws
Topics/Call fo Papers
Whether you’ve been managing employees for many years or you’re getting ready to manage a team, you need to understand the pay practices relevant and required for the type of employees you oversee. The two basic pay employee status types under federal and state laws are exempt and non-exempt.
Beyond knowing that one type is paid a salary and the other is paid an hourly rate, what more is there to know?
By the end of this course, you’ll familiarize yourself with a several differing factors under the broader subject commonly referred to as “Wage and Hour.” We’ll also touch upon the more common exemptions that apply to executive, administrative, and professional employees. You will get a clear idea about exempt and non-exempt employee benefits.
In this modern “gig” economy, we’ll also explore the differences between an employee and independent contractor. Understanding how each one operates relative to expectations and requirements dictated by you as the employer will prepare you for classifying workers correctly and managing their work appropriately.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Pay practices may seem simple, especially if you’re not doing it properly for your exempt and non-exempt employees. Business owners and anyone who manages employees need to be aware of the federal and state wage and hour laws for exempt and non-exempt employees .
From misclassifying employees’ status to improperly paying employees, to incurring penalties and fines, to making recordkeeping mistakes – the playing field is fraught with risks for non-compliance. This course is designed to give you a practical overview of the requirements along with strategies for implementing policies and procedures for wage and hour compliance.
• Source of federal wage and hour laws for exempt and non-exempt employees.
• Difference between an exempt and a non-exempt employee.
• Exemptions that apply to executive, administrative, professional, computer, and outside employees.
• Employee versus independent contractor.
• Recordkeeping best practices for wage and hour requirements compliance.
This course is designed to be practical, so we’ll take a look at common mistakes that employers make in attempting to comply with wage and hour laws for exempt and non-exempt employees. Furthermore, we’ll review best practices to help you stay in compliance with overtime rules for exempt and non-exempt employees.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
• Business owners, leaders, and managers who currently have employees
• Business owners, leaders, and managers who will be hiring employees
• Business owners, leaders, and managers who are considering hiring an independent contractor
• Current leaders who have manage employees (either exempt or non-exempt)
• Executive, Vice President, Director, Manager, Supervisor
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494
Last modified: 2018-11-16 15:34:49