HIPAA 2018 - HIPAA 2018 - Staying Competitive and Complying with HIPAA
Date2018-10-29 - 2018-10-30
VenueHilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Airport 4975 Wiley Post Way, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84116, USA, USA - United States
KeywordsHipaa 2018 seminar; Hipaa law; Hipaa compliant
Topics/Call fo Papers
In today's competitive business climate, health care organizations and their business associates should be able to focus on growing their businesses and not worrying about HIPAA Compliance. Staying up to date on the newest health care information and acquiring new patients takes time. HIPAA compliance takes time. But both goals can be accomplished - in fact, a good compliance program can make you even more competitive because compliance helps protect and grow your business and sets you apart from your competitors. For example, knowing how to use social media and electronic communications within HIPAA rules is key to staying competitive. Also, managing risks is critical to reducing exposure from breaches or cybercrime. HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management is the basis of the HIPAA Compliance Program of every Covered Entity and Business Associate. But mandatory HIPAA Compliance Audits conducted by the Office for Civil Rights (OCR), the HIPAA enforcement arm of the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), found 94% of Covered Entities failed the Risk Management Audit and 87% failed the Risk Analysis Audit. And every audited Covered Entity knew well in advance that it was on the short list to be audited, had completed pre-audit questionnaires and knew the exact questions it would be asked and documentation to be provided (audit protocols).
This seminar will demonstrate how Covered Entities and Business Associates can comply calmly, confidently and completely with the HIPAA Rules.
The secret is - HIPAA Rules are easy and routine to follow - when you know the steps.
Paul Hales will capture your attention with visual presentations and interactive learning exercises that take mystery and fear out of HIPAA Compliance.
Areas Covered in the Session:
• Thorough Understanding of HIPAA Rules
o What they are
o How they work together
o Why and How they were made
o How they are changing and what to expect next
• HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management for Your Organization
o A Practical Guided Exercise done in class on your computer to take home
• Privacy and Security Rules - Permitted and Required Uses and Disclosures
o What information must be protected
o Administrative, Technical and Physical Safeguards
o Social Media, Texting and Emailing Patients
• The inter-connected, inter-dependent relationship of Covered Entities and Business Associates
o Business Associate HIPAA compliance responsibilities
o The importance of Due Diligence and how to do it
o How to avoid making a Business Associate your Agent by mistake
o The chain of responsibility from Covered Entity to Business Associate to Subcontractor Business Associate, etc.
o Business Associate responsibilities for Subcontractor Business Associates
o Breach Notification discovery and reporting by Business Associates and Subcontractor Business Associates
• What is - and what is not a Reportable Breach of Unsecured PHI
o Potential Breach Investigation - Breach Exceptions
o Breach Risk Assessment
o Breach Prevention
Who will benefit:
• Health Care Provider - Business Associate
• Health Care Provider Practice Manager
• Risk Manager - Compliance Manager
• Information Systems Manager
• Compliance Director
• Practice Manager
• Privacy Officer
• Security Officer
• Chief Information Officer
• Health Information Manager
• Healthcare Legal Counsel
• Office Manager
• Contracts Manager
• Chief Clinical Officer
Day 1 Schedule
Discussion - Goals and Objectives of Seminar Participants
HIPAA Compliance Overview and discussion tailored to specific interests of Seminar Participants
Focus on HIPAA Compliance
Description of HIPAA Rules and Fundamental in Plain Language continuing and building on discussion in Lecture 1
HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management
The basis of your HIPAA Compliance Program explained step-by-step
• Learn by Doing Begin guided Step-by-Step HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management of your organization on your tablet/laptop - for you to take with you
HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management
• Consider lessons learned
• Inter-relationship of Privacy, Security and Breach Notification Rules
Privacy Rule in Depth
• Protected Health Information (PHI)
• Permitted Uses and Disclosures of PHI
• Individual Rights
• Administrative Requirements
Day 2 Schedule
Welcome - Recap Day 1 - Questions - Discussion
Security Rule in Depth
• Electronic Protected Health Information (EPHI)
• Purpose and Function of Security Rule
• Security Official
Focus on Business Associates
• Inter-connected HIPAA Compliance for Covered Entities and Business Associates
• Is your Business Associate your "Agent"?
• Due Diligence
• Subcontractor Business Associates
• Business Associate Agreements
• Non-BA Confidentiality Agreement
Business Associate HIPAA Compliance
• Privacy Rule - Who is in charge?
Breach Notification Rule in Depth
• Learn by Doing Investigate a Potential Breach
• Do a Breach Risk Assessment
• When you must notify - and when you do not need to notify
• Notifications and Documentation
Miscellaneous and Participant Selected Topics
• Social Media - Patient Engagement
• Prepare for HHS Audits or Investigations
• Final Questions - Answers
Paul R. Hales, J.D.
Paul R. Hales, Attorney at Law, LLC
Paul R. Hales received his Juris Doctor degree from Columbia University Law School and is licensed to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States. He focuses on HIPAA Privacy, Security, Breach Notification and Enforcement law. Paul is widely known for his ability to teach HIPAA Compliance clearly, simply and in plain language. He manages a national HIPAA consulting and education practice based in St. Louis and is the author of all content in The HIPAA E-Tool®, an Internet-based Software as a Service product for Covered Entities and Business Associates.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT Date: October 29th & 30th, 2018 and Time: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Venue: Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Airport 4975 Wiley Post Way, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84116, USA
Price: $1,295.00 (Seminar Fee for One Delegate) Register for 5 attendees Price: $3,885.00 $6,475.00 You Save: $2,590.00 (40%)* Register for 10 attendees Price: $7,122.00 $12,950.00 You Save: $5,828.00 (45%)* Register now and save $200. (Early Bird)
Sponsorship Program benefits for seminar
For More Information- https://www.globalcompliancepanel.com/control/spon...
Contact us today!
NetZealous LLC DBA GlobalCompliancePanel
Toll free: +1-800-447-9407
Registration Link - https://www.globalcompliancepanel.com/seminar/HIPA...
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/globalcompliancep...
Like us our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TrainingsAtGlobalComplian...
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/GCPanel
Last modified: 2018-09-07 19:47:38